PLEASE COMPLETE A SHORT SURVEY THAT WILL HELP US PLAN FOR THE FUTURE BY CLICKING BELOW:
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO WATCH A SHORT VIDEO ABOUT IVCIL:
Please see a flyer on language interpreter services at the bottom.
The Illinois Valley Center for Independent Living (IVCIL) is a nonprofit service and advocacy organization that assists persons with disabilities in opening doors to their independence. IVCIL provides services for persons with disabilities, their families, and the community in Bureau, LaSalle, Marshall, Putnam, and Stark counties.
What we have accomplished for our consumers
- Moved 45 people out of nursing homes into the community since 2006.
- Helped 32 people obtain services at home and avoid being placed in a nursing home over the past two years
- Secured sign language interpreters for 48 appointments or meetings in the past 6 months.
- Advocated in 68 special education meetings at schools, to help ensure students with special needs get an appropriate education, in the last year.
- Supplied free loans of equipment to 80 area residents in need during the past year.
What is Independent Living?
- having the opportunity to make choices
- assuming responsibility for your decisions.
- making the most of your life with the appropriate supports.
- taking control of your life
The IVCIL is here to provide these supports.
IVCIL offers services and specific programs to bridge the gap from dependence to independence.